Monday, August 19, 2013

Thrifty DIY - Magnetic Chalkboards

As soon as I got home from Ted's with my vintage trays in hand I knew exactly what I wanted to do with two of them! I have a confession - I am a little obsessed with chalkboards. Not sure if it's the black and white with a vintage look to it but I have definitely jumped on the chalkboard band-wagon!

 



Two coats of my favourite Zinzer BIN 1-2-3 spray paint primer and three coats of the Rustoleum Chalkboard Spray Paint got these trays ready for embellishing. I finally tried using vinyl in my Silhouette Cameo and love the results! To hang them I used the Aleene's 7800 all-purpose glue to glue on some pop tabs onto the back.

All that is needed now is to prime the chalkboard - see this great tutorial from {Ella Claire}and find a place to hang it!

Have a wonderful day!!

Products used:




No comments:

Post a Comment