Thursday, April 7, 2016

Pillows made using DecoArt's Ink Effects for Miss D's Bedroom

I wanted to make some accent pillows for Miss D's Teen Bedroom. Her reveal is soon and I wanted pillows to tie the room together. I had purchased these Ikea covers a while back and thought they would be perfect. I had also bought a few years ago some DecoArt Ink Effects and thought - why not try this! Because the pillows were 100% cotton, I purchased the Basecoat to prep the fabric before following the instructions for the paint.

It was super easy!  All I did was print the images/text onto regular copy paper (Make sure to print your image in reverse if you have text like I did), then using a paint brush I painted over the text. Easy Peasy!! Then following the instructions, I placed some copy paper over top of the whole pillow and my design and then ironed on low with no steam.

I also traced the outline with a sharpie as I wanted more of a border on the 'Blaze your own trail' pillow. I also made a simple felt flower for the Drew pillow.

I can't wait for her to see the room! Soon I will post pictures after the reveal!

Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment